In our warehouse - should ship in 5-7 business days.
Master the Powerful Python 3 Standard Library through Real Code Examples
The Python 3 Standard Library contains hundreds of modules for interacting with the operating system, interpreter, and Internet--all extensively tested and ready to jump-start application development. Now, Python expert Doug Hellman introduces every major area of the Python 3.x library through concise source code and output examples. Hellman's examples fully demonstrate each feature, and are designed for easy learning and reuse. You'll find practical code for working with text, data structures, algorithms, dates/times, math, the file system, persistence, data exchange, compression, archiving, crypto, processes/threads, networking, Internet capabilities, email, developer and language tools, the runtime, packages, and more. Each section fully covers one module, with links to additional resources, making this book an ideal tutorial and reference. The Python 3 Standard Library by Example
introduces Python 3.x's new libraries, significant functionality changes, and new layout and naming conventions. Hellmann also provides expert porting guidance for moving code from 2.x PSL modules to their Python 3.x equivalents. Coverage includes
- Manipulating text with string, textwrap, re (regular expressions), and difflib
- Using data structures: enum, collections, array, heapq, queue, struct, copy, and more
- Implementing algorithms elegantly and concisely with functools, itertools, and contextlib
- Handling dates/times and advanced mathematical tasks
- Data exchange and persistence, including json, dbm, and sqlite
- Archiving and data compression
- Signing cryptographically and verifying message integrity
- Managing concurrent operations with processes and threads
- Using application "building blocks"
- Testing, debugging, compilation, profiling, language, import, and package tools
- Controlling interaction at runtime with interpreters or the environment
For both new and experienced Python developers, this guide will introduce whole new worlds of functionality and better, more powerful ways to get the job done. Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE.