Avid Bookshop is currently seeking undergraduate or graduate students who are interested in spending time learning about various aspects of the bookselling business with a concentration on events & public relations. UGA English majors can apply for ENGL internship credit. (Contact us for more information on who to contact at UGA.) For those who aren’t English majors, we do not offer college credit or an hourly wage, but we can offer valuable experience and will be happy to write recommendation letters for interns who meet or exceed our expectations. The internship runs from May 12, 2020 to August 7, 2020, 10 hours a week maximum, both in the shops and working remotely. This is a definite time obligation. Please do not apply if you cannot fulfill this commitment.
- Send a cover letter that summarizes your relevant work and/or volunteer history and also lists your general availability.
- In your letter, you must either discuss (1) any previous experience as a customer of an independent bookshop or (2) address specific reasons why you are interested in Avid Bookshop.
- Attach a current resume that includes at least two references.
- Email all information as a PDF to email@example.com by midnight on February 29th, 2020. We plan to hold interviews during the first week of March.
- Include “Avid Unpaid Intern - summer semester 2020” in your subject line.
Questions or concerns? Please let us know via email! Rachel Watkins, Avid Bookshop Events Director, firstname.lastname@example.org